Re: Fluid Compressibility

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Fluid Compressibility
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 15:35:54 -0500
At 11:32 AM 3/10/02 -0800, Steve Laifman wrote:
>I hope this has brought some clarity to the incorrect conclusion that
>one, or another brake fluid "compresses under pressure" more than
>another. The observations of a moving pedal may be correct, but the
>cause is not.

Steve

You are correct as to the cause of a "mushy" brake pedal.  However, the
compressibility of water is a factor of interest to others than just
molecular biologists:  naval architects, especially those designing
submersible craft, do have to account for it.  I suspect there are
occasions when it might be of some minor interest to civil engineers, as well.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh b`s fir gun ghr`s fir!