Electrical problem

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electrical problem
From: "Larry Rominger" <larrydr1@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:41:33 -0600
Listers,

During a recent cool spell in the spring weather I thought I would replace the
worn out alternator in the Tiger. This is a relatively simple task which has
become a curse thanks to my own stupidity. While replacing the alternator I
apparently bent the iginton wire terminal on the ignition resistor. It was
unnoticed until I powered up the system and my ignition wire evaporated. I
found the fault and replaced the entire ignition wire ( the one which
activates the tach pickup). Luckily there was no damage to the tach or the
ignition resistor. However, now I cannot get the charging circuit working. I
have retested the alternator and battery and replaced the voltage regulator.
The car starts and runs just fine but I can get no charge to the battery and
the idiot light stays on. I have cleaned every ground and terminal in the
charging circuit but cannot get any charge to the battery. A volt meter across
the battery terminals stays right at 12.25 regardless of RPM etc.

At this point I am about to replace the ignition switch and wanted to get some
input from the list. Am I headed in the right direction or is there something
else I'm overlooking? Any comments, except guffaws, will be welcome.

Thanks,

Larry Rominger
B9473280