Valve Cover Rehab, etc.

To: "Tigers (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Valve Cover Rehab, etc.
From: "Harlowe, Graham T" <HarloweGT@navair.navy.mil>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:09:36 -0400
Experts Afield -

A few questions -

1)  My new-to-me Mk 1A Tiger project has evidence of a Ford-blue repaint on
the engine block.  What are the tell-tale signs of original block/stock
intake/stock carb?

2)  My original non-LAT chrome valve covers (with matching engine #s) are in
pretty sad shape with corrosion and pitting.   What's the popular process to
"restore" these?  Can they be stripped and rechromed while preserving the
engine data plate or do I start shopping for some LAT replacements?

3)  Is there a "known source" for those handy knurled nuts that hold the
ground wire to the instruments or do most people just replace them with hex
nuts?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.  Feel free to reply off line.

Graham
VIN #B382001466LRXFE