ground wire

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: ground wire
From: "Jim Boynton" <jimboynton@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 16:02:03 -0400
 Just had a ground wire burn out. It was connected to the temp gauge than to
fuel gauge and attached to hood bracket. Just melted to gooey plastic. I
shut the engine off and crawled up underneath and pulled the wire out. The
car started up and ran with no problem. The fuel gauge was still OK but temp
gauge was dead. The fuel had a second ground attached which explained why it
was working. When I got home I attached a new ground to the temp and ran it
to the other side of the hood bracket and the gauge came back to life. I was
reaching up to adjust the speedo just installed while the engine was
running. Nothing else appears to be effected. Did I hit a bare wire or???
Any ideas?

Jim