Re: Timing chain cover

To: "Richards, Bruce" <BRichard@czn.com>
Subject: Re: Timing chain cover
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:23:36 -0700
Bruce,

I believe that the Tiger timing chain cover was different somewhere
between the Mk I and the Mk IA, in that the water pump was open at the
back impeller and was all aluminum.

I have heard that the later models were closed with a plate, and made of
cast iron. I am told, as well, that they are not directly
interchangeable, although some modifications may be possible.

In addition, I think that there is the issue of the oil dip stick
location. Later covers did not all have a similar entry hole for the
dipstick and tube.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman