I stuck it in!

To: "Tiger News Group List (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: I stuck it in!
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 23:50:03 -0400
Listers,
I finally stuck it in for the first time. It was a really tight fit and I
was a little concerned about bruising the surroundings and I had to use some
thick moving cloths for protection. I went in from the top easily requiring
the removal of a couple of exterior coverings. We did it in the garage and
there was no problem with clearance to the roof. My Wife took over 100
pictures for all to see ......
OK I am talking about the Stroker motor. I finally stuck it in and have the
pictures to prove it my Wife Beth took all of the pictures so that the
doubting Thomas's could see. The key points are that I used a Moroso crab
flange motor lift plate a standard engine crane and Blankets and a 1 inch
utility strap to provide enough "tilt" on the engine as we installed it. I
detailed everything and will jot it all down ....  I am just so Damn excited
as it worked just great and fits awesome with the Sunbeam specialties
Headers. CAPS Bright Hot in Fresno sanded and polished out the scratches my
exuberant but simple neighbors put in the Cerma-Chrome finish and they LOOK
AWESOME. ("THANKS SEAN THEY LOOK GREAT!") You all should send your stuff
there! My buddy who saw them is not going to do his as he was not really
impressed with Jet Hot results.
I did have to remove the water pump, the Balancer pulley and even the Aviaid
Pan as it sticks too far forward to clear the front engine surround. Two
guys had NO problem and we did it in about 2 hours. There is some
interference with the CAT clutch slave bracket as it rubs on the tunnel and
will need to be clearanced. The cool thing is that I used no special tools
to do it. A stock pan would probably clear with NO trouble even without the
tunnel modification I made.

PS: Valve covers are removable EASILY with ALL of the valve train gear in
place and adjusted .... Life is GOOD!

The following day I flew out of town for a week ..... Life then sucks ... I
am having Tiger withdrawal.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager