FOLLOW UP: Battery No Charging - Am I On The Right Track?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: FOLLOW UP: Battery No Charging - Am I On The Right Track?
From: flynnr2@btopenworld.com
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 20:10:53 +0100 (BST)
Thanks to all those who responded,

In the final analysis, the screws holding the built-in voltage regulator on the
end of the shaft of the Lucas alternator are stripped.  In fact, both screws
were rattling around in the housing when I pulled it out, leaving the regulator
floating about.

Current plan is to have the holes tapped larger with some new screws and see if
that will do the trick.  Comments/opinions/thoughts?

thanks again,

rick
B9471206 : http://www.tigersunited.com/gallery/RichardFlynn.asp