Re: electrical question on the temperature gauge

To: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Subject: Re: electrical question on the temperature gauge
From: stubrennan@attbi.com
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 15:58:41 +0000
The Pressure gauge:  Air in the line will not change the
reading.  Since there is no flow, there is no difference
in the pressure between the ends of the line.  Air might
effect the instantaneous response, but we are talking
about a second or so.

The Temp gauge.  It's possible shorting your connector
to the manifold overheated the winding in it.  The
bimetal may be damaged if it reads that high with the
key off.  See my article about these gauges on the
Tigers United site.  The only thing you can do to
calibrate it it to get all the right parts, and properly
connect them.  DO NOT mess with the things that look
like adjustment screws within the gauge.

Stu