Re: Bellhousing help

To: Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com, jetbike@worldlynx.net
Subject: Re: Bellhousing help
From: Veeseeoso@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 09:16:46 EDT
Hello listers,

On the subject of 6 bolt dual pattern bellhousings (scattershields), there
are several options available. For the ultimate in safety look for the Ansen
steel (a rare vintage piece) or the Cobra steel (also rare but reproduced by
Tony D. Branda Performance).

I am sure there are probably other steel scattershields that will fit an
unmodified Tiger. Please chime in if you have any kernels of wisdom.

The aluminum 6 bolt dual pattern bellhousing may be easier to find. If you
need only the wide pattern, they are a dime a dozen. Try Hemmings, try Ebay,
and try Google (NICE SEARCH ENGINE)!

You will need a slave cylinder bracket for the six bolt (reproduced in
aluminum from CAT) which may need to be modified or shimmed depending on the
bellhousing.

If you wish to upgrade the flywheel and or clutch, pay careful attention to
the starter engagement (some aftermarket flywheels require the use of the
starter for the automatic transmission) and the clutch (some mechanical
clutches my not work properly with the stock Tiger hydraulic setup).

If you enjoy a good challenge and can fabricate, then only your fortitude
will be your limiting factor. Good luck.

Respectfully submitted,
Henry Vicioso