Header wrap

To: "'tigers-n@frisurf.no'" <tigers-n@frisurf.no>
Subject: Header wrap
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:10:01 -0400
Jostein,
I have done both. We used header wrap on the headers of our GT-1 car and it
had about 100 hours of track time on them and they were starting to
disintegrate from the trapped heat. The wrap worked VERY well in reducing
emitted heat (probably better than the Cermachrome) BUT it will destroy the
headers in short order on a street car. If you want to replace them every 12
to 18 months then header wrap or Thermo-Tech will work.
If I was you I would strongly consider the cerma-chrome. I have it on my
headers and would recommend it to anyone. It is a fantastic product. Go to
the Lunati stroker article on tigers united and check out my comments. I
have run the car a lot now as I have a whole 150 miles on it and they did
not discolor at all.
The ultimate choice would be to coat the headers inside and out and THEN
wrap them to eliminate heat emissions.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager
Akzo Nobel Coatings
Off: (949) 305-5393
Fx: (949) 305-5394
Cell: (949) 439-4784
email: timothy.ronak@akzonobel.com
VM: (800) 234-6747 ext. 2257#

This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete
and destroy the original message and all copies. You should not copy,
forward and/or disclose this message, in whole or in part, without
permission of the sender.