TigersUnited Up. Sort-of

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: TigersUnited Up. Sort-of
From: Gary Ott <gotttiger@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:22:03 -0700 (PDT)
Tiger List:
STOA TAC program business has, as a rule been
conducted offline, since the TAC approach is to
provide authentication of Sunbeam Tigers rather than
publication of known conversions. The contents of the
recent thread of messages concerning B382000046 LRXFE
originating with Dr. Moonstone are disturbing for
several reasons. The possibility of fraudulent
misrepresentation of the identity of Sunbeam Tigers
continues to be damaging to the integrity of the
entire Tiger community. The report that a sticker with
appearance similar to those issued by TAC was on this
car at some point raises the possibility that
misrepresentation has been elevated to a new level. We
wish to make it very clear that B382000046 LRXFE has
never been authenticated by STOA. We would recommend
that anyone wishing to determine the TAC status of any
vehicle, begin by requesting the TAC certificate
information from the owner. As always the list of
verified cars can be reviewed by visiting the STOA
website (http://www.engravers.com/tiger/) or Norman
Millers Rootes One site
(http://www.rootes1.com/index.asp). As noted in Dr.
Moonstones post, Norman is nearly always available
for illuminating conversation about Tigers real and
otherwise.
We continue to steadily work toward expanding the TAC
program.  We have, as of June 2002 added 4 new Senior
Inspectors (one on the East Coast), 6 East Coast
Inspectors,
and  are finalizing training for another new Senior
Inspector in the DC area. We are aware that more
inspectors will be necessary to allow better access to
the program across the country. We are as always
interested in both help with the program and
constructive commentary on methods to strengthen the
marque.

Gary Ott
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com