Dana 44 Trac vs Power lock

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dana 44 Trac vs Power lock
From: "Robin Young" <robin02@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 15:52:16 -0400
As best I can tell from the LAT information, the limited slip Lat 50 upgrade
was done with a Trac-loc device. Also available for the Dana 44 is a Power-loc
that was normally used on pickups and has much stronger clutches and will
handle more HP.  Has anyone had experience with the Power- loc and will it
turn loose the inside wheel on a light car when turning? My concern is getting
into a situation where the rear acts like a spool due to the weight of the car
and the stronger clutches.  Also, if anyone is interested, I have found a
source for both of these options. New course thread (18 spline)Trac-locs are
under $200 and used Power-locs are $150 ;  $450 new.  Thanks Robin