Re: ampmeter

To: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Subject: Re: ampmeter
From: Stu Brennan <stubrennan@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 19:54:57 -0400
My ammeter never indicated anything, so one day I decided to sort things
out.  It is the proper Lucas gauge, and it was wired in just like they
show in the schematic.  Well, sort of.  Someone (must have been a PO
rather than a dealer guy) had used some really thin wire, like maybe #28
or something, to connect to opposite ends of the big brown wire.
Thankfully they never disconnected the brown one, or there would have
been a bright flash, then nothing.  I rewired with some heavy stuff, and
it works fine now.

Incidently, I run BOTH a voltmeter and the ammeter, and can really watch
the charging system work, or not, which has happened a couple times.
Only an EE, right?

Stu