Tanks but no tanks.

To: laceyf@crosslink.net
Subject: Tanks but no tanks.
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 00:36:03 EDT
Mark

When I replaced Ken's Tanks, we found that his
pump still did not work.  Seems some flakes had
jammed the pump. Doug Jennings suggests
putting fuel filter both before and after the pump.
Overkill.  Perhaps.  Perhaps not.

IMHO the pump does not have the power to
break free of the flakes. Replacing the pump finally
got his MK II going again.

All you need to check the power to the pump is
the test light.  Pull the wire to the pump and
connect it to the test light.  Ground the other
end and the light should go on, assuming the
ignition switch is on.

As our EE on the list would advise, why not
make a test wire with a fuse (say about 3 amps)
or circuit breaker.  This way you will not be
putting 35 amps through the test wire.

The prince's wires, they do burn.

Dave Johnson