Tiger Air Dam / Scraper is available in limited quantities

To: "Tiger News Group List (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tiger Air Dam / Scraper is available in limited quantities
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 23:32:10 -0400
Listers,
I received a large amount of requests for info on the air dam and I feel it
is helpful in reducing re-circulated air and air stacking under hood. I want
to stress that the part has not been extensively tested yet but seems to
improve the stacking under the hood of my car as evidenced in a dramatic
reduction of rear hood flex at highway speed to my LAT repro fiberglass
hood. It went from 55MPH where deflection started to 75-80 MPH where
deflection starts and the total distortion is substantially better than it
was before. I attribute this to installing this "kit". We really wanted this
available for Tigers United complete with substantial testing but we just
ran out of time. I am convinced the item helps with airflow but it also
"hides" the unsightly front crossmember.

Based on responses I have decided to invest my money and take a chance and
go ahead in producing 25 laser cut air dams and horn block off kits (these
are laser cut to permit a knock out for a horn). That was the fewest that I
could economically produce. If they go quick I might decide to produce a few
more but that will be up to the demand by the Tiger community.
Unfortunately, My inconsiderate employer decided to hold a staff meeting
this week in Philadelphia so I will not be able to attend Tigers United in
Mammoth Lakes. ( I am SOOOO bummed)
I have arranged for a friend, Paul Parretti, to take about 6 of these units
to the event and have them available to view/purchase by those interested.
It is very nice of Paul to do this for me. Paul is the fellow with the Red
65 Tiger with 2 rows of louvers on the hood, and no distributor (EFI) and a
beautiful black cloth roof. If you are interested hunt him down at the event
and have a look at the part. It will be tough to duplicate the precision of
the pieces by hand cutting and bending given the thickness of the aluminum
sheet used.

I have decided that the air dam and horn block off kit is going to be
$153.00 as a kit or they can be purchased separately Air dam $125 and block
offs $50. The kit together is very clean and mostly bolts in. There is some
drilling required for the air dam but the horn block offs are a complete
bolt in using existing threaded bosses. The units Can also be mailed out
(Plus shipping but I have not costed the shipping out yet).

I have been trying to get a web site up with installation directions and
photos so you can see what it looks like in case you want to make your own
(I do not plan on getting rich with this but these will work for Alpine or
Tiger) or to see what is involved to install them. It is simpler than Larry
Paulicks home built version and is very easy to install. I installed mine in
about half an hour with the rad out and Paul installed his without removing
the rad in about 1 hour.

If you have any questions send me a note and I will be happy to respond. If
anyone wants one sent out by mail I will address it when I return home from
Philly and have my Wife Beth send them out.

Next project(s): How about a forced induction air box for the LAT Hood and
the F4B and RPM intakes. What about a Water bottle bracket ... any
interest???

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager
Akzo Nobel Coatings
Off: (949) 305-5393
Fx: (949) 305-5394
Cell: (949) 439-4784
email: timothy.ronak@akzonobel.com
VM: (800) 234-6747 ext. 2257#

This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete
and destroy the original message and all copies. You should not copy,
forward and/or disclose this message, in whole or in part, without
permission of the sender.