Re: Fuel Pump

To: Stu Brennan <stubrennan@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 21:11:01 -0600
I had one of those Facet pumps feeding the carburetor from a pressurized header
tank on my turbo Corolla, and never had a problem with it, even though I stacked
the odds against it by using silicone to seal a gasket on the header tank. It
pumps silicone strands AND fuel, no problem. How the carburetor dealt with it
was
another matter...

I'd recommend them - I don't recall what their flow rate was, but mine would
keep
up with about 180 hp worth of fuel, anyway. Either just let it dangle from two
short rubber coupling hoses or find some rubber isolators for the mounting ears
-
it's noisier than the Lucas pump.

Theo