Re: Ideas for England x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: rande@thecia.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ideas for England x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "Kevin McLemore" <kmclemore@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 01:20:44 -0400
Yes, the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu is lovely and the real Sunbeam
Golden Arrow and other land-speed cars are there, so that's worth it alone.
Check out the 'Peel' car, too.. only one I've ever seen.  Best to go there
when they have their annual auto-jumble but I think that's may have just
past for this year... give a call to check before you go, because if you can
make it during the jumble it's NOT to be missed.

The Morgan factory is cool, too. Been there twice.  You go in the front door
and (quietly and nicely) ask the secretary at the desk if you can wander
through - they usually let you do so.  No formal tour, folks, at least not
the times I was there.  Be real laid back and not to pushy though since
they, like most of the folks in Europe, generally bristle at overly
agressive Yanks. Have a chat with the craftsmen as you go through.. they are
a nice bunch of blokes and many are up in years and have interesting
experiences.  Oh- and don't even THINK of asking if they will sell you the
Morgan kiddie-car up on the wall!  While you're in town you should take a
hike up onto the Malvern hills and look over into Wales and then stop at the
Morgan pub for a pint... note that the sign out front is different on either
side.. a 4-wheeler Mog on one side and a 3-wheeler on the other!

However, I also recommend a little museum in a town called
Bourton-on-the-Water... the town itself is a lovely little village with a
stream running down the centre and there is a cool 'model village' that
shouldn't be missed as well.  The motor museum is up at the end of the
village and is absolutely chock-full of cars and obscure memorbilia.  You'll
love it!

Regards,
Kevin