Toploader ID help needed

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Toploader ID help needed
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 22:15:29 -0700
I am wondering if anyone can tell me the ratios of the following trans plate
#:

RUG CLGH23 D8UREA 0950

I assume it to be one of the 1977-78 case iron overdrive units (???). However,
I have heard that there are two sets of ratios used in this configuration (I'm
hoping for the 3.09 first, 0.70 fourth version).

 I have been to all the toploader sites, but all the info they seem to have is
the 1964-1973 "muscle car" years. Does anyone have a link to a site that has
all the years for the toploader style trans including the later Tremac
variants used in the Ford cars, Ford truck, Jeeps etc. As I said, I have
looked all over the web, but 64-73 is all I find.
  This is a low budget deal and I don't mind swapping parts in cases so any
input is appreciated. For reference my case is a narrow bolt, case iron,
25-1/2" stock close ratio Tiger trans. John Crawley has given me a lot of
input (thanks John), but ID-ing the tag number to the ratio still eludes me
with the 74 and newer trans. Thanks for any help you might offer - or lead me
to (sorry, but I have a 5 bolt block and 5 speeds are not in the plan). Tom
Witt B9470101