How long to fix your Sunbeam ?????

To: alpines@autoxx.team.net
Subject: How long to fix your Sunbeam ?????
From: Jeff Howarth <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 21:59:32 +0100
Hi Everyone,

I picked up a very interesting book yesterday which I thought you might
like me to share with you.

It is a confidential dealer 'man hour schedule' for working on Rootes
cars from 1963.

It is marked 'STRICTLY PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL' for the use for Rootes
main dealers and dealers only. So I have only shared it with 2 people,
one called tiger and one called Alpine, both work for a Rootes
dealership called autox.team.net so I guess the Rootes management team
may not come looking for me 8-)

The book covers Alpine, Gazelle, Rapier, Hawk, Husky and cob, Minx,
Rapier, Sceptre, Super Minx, Super Snipe and Vogue.

an extract...

'FOREWORD'

Quote - " This schedule is issued with the objective of standardising
service repair times throughout the Rootes service organisation. It
covers all the more common service operations on a vehicle which is
standard and has been maintained in accordance with our
recommendations."

It list the times allowed for the workshop technicians to complete
standard tasks on an Alpine for example :
times are hrs:mins