Re: Carb Leak

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb Leak
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:18:09 -0500
Steve:

Just for future reference, every now and then tighten your float bowls.
Every Holley I've ever had would periodically leak fuel out of the bowls,
usually the front one.  It appears that the accelerator pump is leaking but
tightening the bowls fixed it every time.  The only thing I can figure is
that the gasket material tends to dry up and shrink a little over time,
especially if the car sits a lot.  Obviously, be very careful not to
overtighten the bows as you could strip the carb body out (not good,
dude...).

Anyway, just thought I'd throw my two cents worth in.  Take care.

Andy Walker
B382001600LRXFE