RE: Front cover interchange

To: "Tiger Mail" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Front cover interchange
From: "Scott Lampert" <netscott@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 15:22:02 -0700
I am running a crate 5.0. I am using the stock timing cover and an Edelbrock
alum water pump. I did have to have the mount for the water pulley pressed
in a bit to line everything up.  Do not use a newer style harmonic balancer
(Motorsport) because it will hit the timing cover. Got one from a guy that
works with the 5.0 (50oz), and it even has 3 holes for the pulley. I am also
running roller rockers and CAT alum valve covers. No baffles, and inside
where the baffles would mount, you need to grind down. All this I found out
the hard way.

Harmonic Balancer
Total Performance
810-468-3673

Rebuilding motor, gearbox, and rear end. Hope to have it running next week.

Scott
65 Mk1