RE: 7Qt. Oil pans

To: itswonderful@attbi.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 7Qt. Oil pans
From: "Chad Raynal" <chad.raynal@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:05:58 -0400 (EDT)
 Per other comments from the list, I would only recommend the Aviaid unit.  I
own a Tiger, but my experience with both Canton and Aviaid comes from the use
in an old Camaro road race car.  In my Camaro, with video tape back-up (oil
press gauge dipping to 0lb in right-handers at Sears Point) you can watch poor
gating design on the Canton road race pans.  The same car, same motor, with an
Aviaid pan never dropping below 35lb. I have two friends with similar
experience with Canton pans (different cars... one a Mustang, the other a
road-race Nova).  One with loss of oil pressure as a result of poor
gating/trapping upon rapid deceleration. Many on the Nor-Cal Shelby list have
commented on Canton pans having a problem developing cracks as well. The Aviaid
pans may be slightly more expensive, but in my opinion, WELL WORTH IT.-Chad---
On Tue 09/24, Frank Marrone &lt; itswonderful@attbi.com &gt; wrote:From: Frank
Marrone [mailto: itswonderful@attbi.com]To: tigers@autox.team.netDate: Mon, 23
Sep 2002 22:14:30 -0700Subject: 7Qt. Oil pansIs there any fitment issue with
aftermarket high capacity oil pans in aTiger? I see the LAT pan and it looks
similar to the currentaftermarket offerings at least in shape. I'm considering
the Canton7Qt. Street/Strip
pan;http://www.cantonracingproducts.com/pans/road_race/ford_front_sump.html#15610OK,
 it's not stock, so sue me!FrankB9471116PS, I'll paint it black anyway.

Changed your e-mail?  Keep your contacts!  Use this free e-mail change of
address service from Return Path.  Register now!