re: dead last or you should have been there

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: dead last or you should have been there
From: "Tim Jordan" <Tjordan@wagnerprocess.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 17:53:00 -0700
If one searches the Tiger List archives, you will find hundreds of messages
regarding the Le Mans Coupes and their Le Mans reunion this September 2002.
Articles and emails were written about the purchase, crash, restoration and
finally the shipment to England.

The List was asked to provide any details regarding the history of the Coupe.
We were also asked to keep an eye out for some of the parts needed to complete
the restoration.  This effort and the pre-race buildup were very exciting to
those of us that care about the historical side of our Tiger Marque.   We were
all rooting for the Tiger contingent and hoped they would do well and have a
great experience.   We waited patiently for any news about the races they
entered.   What was it like to race at Brooklands, Goodwood and LeMans?   Tell
us about the STOC group and how they treated you.  What went right and what
went wrong?  Any fender banging from the Brits?

To most of us the race results carried little significance.  After all, these
cars are almost 40 years old and the races are held to get the classics out on
the track.  Some are very serious and have winning as the goal, but I suspect
most feel it is an exhibition and would expect their expensive machinery to
survive unscathed.

Now that the month of action is over.....silence...Nada..Zip.
Could be I am jumping the start and a detailed account will be forthcoming.
I am sure there is plenty to tell.

The details of YOUR experience over "there" may even be WITHIN our "knowledge
base and scope of comprehension"!

The STOC website has a neat picture of the Coupe on the high banks at
Brooklands.

Clickless in Redwood