Darrell and the LeMans Tiger

To: Tiger News Group <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Darrell and the LeMans Tiger
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 11:29:29 -0400
Hi Group.  Darrell called me several days ago, and for over an hour and
a half we talked about the LeMans and Goodwood experience.

Wow, what a trip, what experiences, what personal interplay with names
that are part of racing history and the new friends he met, what a super
showing for this historic Tiger, and all made to happen by a very
unassuming gentleman.

Can you imagine Peter Procter, a 71 year old man running across the
track, jumping into the LeMans Tiger, in the classic LeMans start, and
"Smoking" the rest of the field of multimillion dollar cars?

This would make Walter Mitte, green with envy.

After Darrell has a chance to get back to normal, get the car back home
(the car was air freighted over, and is coming back by ship, the QEII I
think, which is only fitting for this English Lord), I hope Darrell with
tell the amazing  journey of how it started, and the events and people
during this trip.

Larry

PS - I now think that Goodwood is on the future travel agenda, and
looking forward to hearing the Clang, Clang, Clang of the Police version
of the Tiger, with its distinctive Clanger.