Re: fender replacement

To: stan gorski <thorlp@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: fender replacement
From: sosnaenergyconsulting <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:28:07 -0700
Stan:
When Smitty detaches a fender, he uses one of the special spot weld
drilling bits. Eastwood sells something similar, I believe, but Smitty's
are spring loaded.  He has to use a punch on each spot weld to provide a
starting point for the drill bit. He's careful to only drill through one
layer of sheet metal (the fender) and to try to retain the supporting
metal underneath.  Then when the fender is off, he grinds the spot welds
  on the supporting layer flat and can place the 'new' fender against
the now smooth surface.

Hope this helps.  If not, Smitty can be reached at: (619) 233-7937 (no
answering machine, so let it ring).

Regards

David Sosna