Split 302 Ford Blocks...

To: "JYTURBO" <jyturbo@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Split 302 Ford Blocks...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 07:55:40 -0800
I'm interested in doing a bit of research on the subject. The thread on one
of my lists lately has been on the amount of boost that a SBF could handle
before splitting the block. I am curious as to how many have actually seen
this happen? and then to answer the following questions: 1) was the boost
from turbo or blower? 2) if turbo, how big, how many and what was the
pressure and rpm at time of destruction? 3) if blower what brand, what kind
of pressure, and which side, or top (if roots or whipple or..) was the unit
mounted on, rpm at destruction?  If any of the engine particulars are
available, they would be great also! Like was it a stroker, if so how big?
What was the displacement of the motor that fragged. If crank driven, how
far from the front bearing was the drive pulley. There that should get me
started.

Because this kind of subject always starts some sort of insane discussions,
I'd rather have you send the info to me directly. I really would like direct
experience here, not I know some one who did, or the friend of a friend of a
friend or urban legends. I want real data. I have a hypothesis that I am
working on and this will help me understand the fundamental dynamics of the
bottom end and of the block itself.

Many many thanks,

mayf, the red necked ignorant desert rat in pahrump...