Timing covers & water pumps?

Subject: Timing covers & water pumps?
From: "Anthony & Susan" <jetbike@worldlynx.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 18:40:35 -0500
Listeners,
Are the timing covers the same for the 260 / 289 and the 289HiPo? I
purchased a 289 HiPo today and the only problem I have is the dip stick tube
is broken off in the timing cover. How hard will it be to get the right dip
stick and tube? Are these parts the same for the standard 289? Can't have
her run low on oil after the rebuild. Also does this mean I'll switch to the
cast iron water pump? The guy told me that all of my 260's front cover and
such will bolt right on to the HP. As always I'm in all of the lists wisdom.
Regards,

ANT 66 MK1A
B382001859LRXFE