RE: Collector car insurance - No TIGER content

To: "Mike Sutter" <mjsutter@cts.com>, "The List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Collector car insurance - No TIGER content
From: "Crawley,John" <johnc@nait.ab.ca>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 08:47:42 -0700
Mike:
I was involved with a similar situation a few years back.
I sold a P1800 Volvo to a young chap who put standard insurance on it. He was
T-boned a week later. The adjuster said: "It's just an old Volvo - you get
$900." The kid called for an appraiser who said: "Oh no, this is a classic -
you get $4,000." The insurance company said: "Too much, we want our eastern
expert appraiser to look at this car."  After 6 weeks of waiting the eastern
ex. ap. arrived, looked at the car and said: "What!? An un-rusted P1800 - you
get $8,000!"  The kid asked the insurance company if they perhaps would like to
have a American adjuster come up to Canada and review the last appraisal. They
said: "No thanks - we'll pay the eight grand and you can keep the car."  The
young fellow ended up with the Volvo nicely repaired, repainted and his
purchase price PAID out. Don't you just love a story that has a happy ending?

Godspeed
Jc