1 wire alternator

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: 1 wire alternator
From: KJENSSEN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 20:41:31 EST
Hello tiger / alpine list ....

I am looking for info regarding replacing my original generator with an
alternator.
I have removed my original 260 v-8  and will be installing a 1987 302 .
I have purchased a bracket from Sunbeam Specialities which is reported to
"bolt" up to the block/heads.........any addition ideas and info would be
much appreciated.

 I hope to start my reassembly as soon as the weather gets a bit warmer here
in Chicago....... for the time being..... I am collecting misc. parts and
supplies to put my Tiger back together !!

I am leaning to a 1 wire set up......will consider any ideas or suggestions .

P.S.     I still have my original fan & crank pulleys and may purchase a new
50 oz. Harmonic balancer with 3 bolt pattern...or may have the crank pulley
re-drilled for 3 bolts. The 1987 302 has a 50 oz harmonic damper ,
however...It may be a good idea to pull and install a new unit since
everything else is newly rebuilt !

sincerely,
 KIRT
B9473199