Re: Not enough go juice for my motor!: UPDATE

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Not enough go juice for my motor!: UPDATE
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 19:38:45 -0800
Mark,

You may be on to something. I'll check float level next.

This evening I made some measurements and pulled the tanks out.

I measured fuel pressure at the carb.  It is 2 psi.  The shop manual says 48
inches.  Inches of what is not specified, but I assume water.  30 inches of
water is approx 1 psi so that checks out.

It took 40 seconds for the pump to fill a 1 quart jar.  This was pushing
through the entire line and filter.
The spec is 15 gallons per hour, which is 1 quart per minute.  So that
checks okay.

I went ahead an pulled the tanks out because I was seeing some chips in the
filter.  The cross over tubes were not blocked in any way.  I can see the
coating inside the tanks is flaking off so I am glad that I pulled them out.

Erich