Miniature Tiger

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Miniature Tiger
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:08:21 -0600
Hey guys:

I hope I'm not bombing the list with stuff that you won't find interesting,
but I really thought you guys might want to hear about this.  A while back,
there was a fellow on eBay who auctioned a red Aurora T-Jet HO scale Tiger
slot car.  I have been collecting and racing Aurora HO scale cars since '67
and still have every car and every piece of track I ever owned.   Sunbeam
Alpines/Tigers were not available in HO scale from Aurora back in the '60s or
I would have had one.

I saw this car go on eBay and decided to contact him to see if he could do one
in BRG to match my real Tiger.  Much to my surprise, the day after I contacted
him about building me one, he e-mailed me a pic of...MY CAR!!  As small as HO
scale cars are and as difficult as details are to make, he did an outstanding
job, right down to the LAT 58 tail stripes!  He evidently molds the cars off
the Johnny Lightning car that was available a year or two ago; he also molds
the bodies in color so you won't lose paint if you crash it while racing.  He
did not put the side chrome strip on, however; it's just too small to
replicate without chancing a screw-up.  The rest of the car, however, looks
great.

I know we are not supposed to send pics with our e-mails, so if anyone out
there wants pics of the finished product, just let me know and I'll be happy
to send you a couple.  I can put you in contact with the guy as well for those
of you who may be interested in having an HO scale slot car replica of your
own Tiger.

Speedin' down the straight headed for that first turn with my finger on the
trigger,
Andy Walker
B382001600LRXFE