Re: SPAM FILTER

To: "Norman C. Miller" <rootes1@earthlink.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SPAM FILTER
From: Tiger Mk I <tiger_mki@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 08:40:32 -0800 (PST)
I have been a "lurker" on this list, and probably will
remain so. But, this posting by the respected Norman
Miller has given me some incentive to make a comment.

While it is fair to have a difference of opinion, this
type of response is not in the manner in which I was
brought up.

It is fine to disagree. It is not fine to cast
unwarranted smears, such as "SPAM FILTER".

When one is presented with documentation from the
manufacturers, and photographs of Rootes and Ford
identified parts that match exactly, it is still
possible that there is an error.

If someone has better documentation, or other
evidence, to shed more light, it is fair to bring that
forth in rebuttal, or for consideration.

To my reading, Mr. Miller was not "smeared" in any
manner, and seemed to be treated with respect in Mr.
Laifman's lengthy but interesting research on fuel
filters. It was complete with the actual Rootes
references, and photos of matching Ford parts. It
seemed to be a logical argument.

It is rude in any group to cast aspersions, then make
unsupported claims to the truth, rather than show
where the presented documentation is in error.

I don't care how much experience someone has. Standing
on a reputation to smear someone, because you have a
difference of opinion, is not the way gentlemen
behave.

It is wonderful that Mr. Miller shares his thoughts
and opinions, especially when labeled as such. But an
unsupported claim, and an untraceable picture is not
contrary evidence. A true experienced expert would
present research, documentation, citations, and any
other evidence that supports his statements, and
warrants the position of "expert"

In my personal opinion, it is quite another thing to
disparage someone else's well meaning effort without
presenting one iota of contrary evidence.

Returning to lurking, as Mr. Miller's elitism and
disparagement are not in the spirit one would expect
of an "authority" figure, or on this list of common
interest people.

Jack Thomas

http://www.classictiger.com/mudge/temp/orig-tiger-fuel%20filter-01.jpg

http://taxes.yahoo.com/