Re: Insurance

To: David Rumberger <drumberg@columbus.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: ssage@socal.rr.com
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 11:42:19 -0800
David Rumberger wrote:

>Can anyone tell me what insurance company will insure a 'tiger as a daily
>driver? I have been with State Auto for years and they will not insure it. I
>know that some company has to. Right now I have collectors insurance but I'm
>limited as to how much and where I can drive.
>
>David R

David:
I'm not sure where you are, but I've insured my Tiger, which is my
everyday car, (and other Sunbeams) through the Automobile Club Of
Southern California  (AAA) for years. You might want to check with your
local AAA club. They've always given great service, and on the occasion
I've had to make claims, they have given excellent service.  They don't
treat you as a criminal (or cancel your policy) if you actually have to
use your auto insurance. They rate Sunbeams as regular cars, and don't
put on an extra premium for them being classic cars. In fact, Tigers are
not much more expensive to insure than daily driven Alpines through
them. Your driving record is taken into account more than the type of car.

Steve Sage
1967 MK1A