Re: 260 cylinder heads

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 260 cylinder heads
From: "Tom Brandt" <tbrandt@cox-internet.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 15:36:22 -0600
Listers,

  I have the original heads off of B9470099 on the shelf. They have the
rounded, small combustion
chambers and the 1.67 intake and 1.45 exhaust valves. The casting code is C4OE
A and nowhere can I
find a cubic inch designator. The date codes are 3M13 and 4A14. I also have a
set of 289 heads. The casting code on these heads is C3AE F and they both have
289 below the exhaust ports and also in the valve spring area under the rocker
arms. The date codes are 3D10 and 3D26. The combustion chambers are more
angular around the spark plug.

  About the valve spring pockets on Hi-Po 289 heads. Page 28, in Ford
Performance by Pat Ganahl has pictures of the cast in cups to hold the valve
springs from walking. Neither set of the heads above have these seats, by the
way.
  Hope this helps.

Tom
B9470099