Crossmember replacement bolts (what to substitute)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crossmember replacement bolts (what to substitute)
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 14:10:55 -0800
   A number of the bolts associated with the front suspension i.e. the fulcrim
pin bolts, brake caliper bolts, steering arm bolts (to name a few) are rather
rusted on my car.  I soaked them in a solution called "metal ready" to remove
rust and the threads don't look too good.  Will Grade 8 bolts be acceptible
replacements?  I remember a while back there was talk about aircraft bolts
with a comment like "just go to your local aircraft supplier," Oh if I only
knew where to find one!
  In So. Cal. (Thousand Oaks to be exact - no airport, no train, barely a taxi
and bus service and 120,000 people. A lovely "Malled" community for those who
don't do their own work!)

Tom Witt B9470101