260 Mods...

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: 260 Mods...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 07:43:03 -0800
Has anyone ever considred changing the stroke on the 260? I suspect that the
302 (early crank) will fit (Maybe?) which would give some additional cubic
inches. A 30 over bore and you almost have a 289 (close). Then use some of
the better heads for 289 and there you go. A pretty good upgrade. I think
I'll research this a bit.

Oh, there was some chatter about 4 barrel manifolds a bit ago. Was there
ever one that was a really low one made by ford that was for a 4 holer?  How
about cast iron? Off list? No use in stirring the pot again. Lest ya want
to..

mayf, in Pahrump, cool morning