RE: Subject: 289/302 Conversions - My own biased opinion

Subject: RE: Subject: 289/302 Conversions - My own biased opinion
From: "Anthony & Susan" <jetbike@worldlynx.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 18:58:45 -0500
Listeners,

Why not upgrade to something that is period and unique. I am also believer
in keeping the Tiger  as stock as possible. But I still wanted a little more
go than the 260 has. The Tiger is unique and I wanted something to
complement it. I was lucky to find a 5 bolt 289 HiPo. It was expensive but I
couldn't bring myself to throw a crate motor in. At first it looked like a
big deal. But now that I found out that you can have the Tiger flywheel
balanced with the bottom end everything else is a bolt on. Including your
STOCK transmission. As for the mustang myth and all the correctness, this
289 HiPo is out of a 65 Comet. 271 Hp stock and bulletproof. A nice fit with
a 66 MK1A. Sorry to ramble on but after staying quiet after all that 260 &
289 HiPo heads are the same crap I had to state an alternative view. Just my
02.

Regards,

ANT 66 MK1A
B382001859LRXFE