FW: Subject: 289/302 Conversions - My own biased opinion

To: "tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Subject: 289/302 Conversions - My own biased opinion
From: "D. E. Adin" <adin@frontier.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 18:40:23 -0600
My tiger was a 302/T5 conversion - maybe 300 hp.  Anything more would be
lunacy.  (and just about enough!)

There IS something to be said for originality, but who besides a TU judge
would tell it wasn't a 260/top loader? (OK, it idled like the choke was
stuck and highway cruising was relaxed. . . .)

Everyone like their soup just a little bit different.

David (Durango)
D. E. Adin, Photographer
adin@frontier.net
1973 Pantera (Ford V8, no waiting)
http://images.fotki.com/v8/photos/4/43175/147329/pant351C-vi.jpg

You can't have too much power or too much traction.

>>If you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch.

One trip through the gears in one of those 400 plus hp Tigers and you'll
spit on a stock 260.  A stock Tiger is nice to look at and fun in its time
but once you turn the tires with some real power you'll never go back.
"There ain't no such thing as too much horsepower."

T-GRRR  B9470168
322 ci of Weber-carbureted, roller-cammed,
nitrous-injected, stroked small-block Ford.
Not a ride for the faint-of-heart.