RE: 260 Mods...The other side

To: "tom jones" <impger@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: 260 Mods...The other side
From: "Jim Boynton" <jimboynton@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 15:57:47 -0400
Gary and others,

   There may be of us than you think on originality. The Pertronix Ignitor
and coil are the only non-stock items (I believe) on my MkIa Tiger.  There
was an item on the "british-car" list a few years ago about a collector car
auction in which a Tiger with a 302 was up for sale. It didn't sell  and the
owner found out later that collectors want the 260s. Course if you don't
plan to sell doesn't matter or you keep the 260 around and all the other
parts (sure!!). If I want power I climb into my 88 Vette. And if I want a
car that people stop, scratch their heads, "oh" and "ah" over I drive the
Tiger. At the cruise nights up here 20 Vettes show up but only one Tiger.

Jim