Tiger Manifold

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Tiger Manifold
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 21:53:49 EDT
While under my Tiger recently I noticed that the exhaust manifold exit (where
the exhaust pipe attaches)  on the drivers side seems to point inward
somewhat compared to the passenger side which seems to point straight down.
The exhaust system (not including manifolds) was replaced about 12 yrs ago
and the exhaust pipes, custom bent,  were brought downward at the same angle
that the manifolds exits point.  The result is that where the exhaust makes
its first bend at about  the lower portion of the oil pan, the passenger side
pipe is about 4" from the oil pan and the driver side pipe is about 1" from
the oil pan.  Now, is this normal?  Do the manifolds really exit at different
angles?  Hasn't really had any adverse effect, but I am curious on this
point.
Mark L.