Re: Alignment Question...

To: "Steve Laifman" <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Alignment Question...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 07:10:18 -0700
Nah... I stopped being a wheel some time ago...1997, Feb 2nd as I
recall...and twas not a wheel but more like the planetary gear going in
circles around the sun gear (NASA). Spinning fast, whirling and creating
lots of noise, dust and confusion...I am good at that...

I am just fiddling with me car a bit. One of the lsit members sent me some
photos of his car with some spiffy escort wheels attached. 15 inch and they
look pretty good. In my case, in order to drive this thing a bit I have to
get rid of those near 30 year old BF Goodrich T/A which by the way have
virtually all the tread left, even on the back. But there are weather cracks
in the tread. So no to using them for anything. I once pranged a curb pretty
hard and somewhere in the dim recesses of my mind I think I removed the
caster alignment shim. Don't aske me what for cause I don't remember. heck
it might even be fictional. But the camber shims are all there. I was
thinking that if the caster shim was put back into it's normal place on the
front bolt of the upper a-arm that this would swing the ball joint forward a
tad maybe correcting what looks to be a camber situation. Just doodling
here. And can you imagine taking a tiger to the alingment shop in
....Pahrump? So I need to do some fixing myself. I havent; figured out the
distance that the ball wold moveout becaus eI do not have the thickness. I
could just estimate, I guess...