tach

To: "Tiger List \(E-mail\)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: tach
From: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz@cox-internet.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 22:42:27 -0500
I can't find the little transformer box that goes around the white wire loop
for the tach.  I tried to fabricate one without success.  Anybody got an
extra one they can spare?

BTW, I got my MoMa tach to work properly.  It had worked to 3000 rpm, but
then started heading south as the revs further increased.  At least one
other person had a similar problem.  Turns out, after the recent overhaul,
the wire to the coil got switched to the positive side.  Hook it up to the
negative side, and it works properly again.  Sometimes I am amazed by my own
stupidity.

Jim Pickard
B9473298
2003 Mini Cooper