Centerforce clutch question

To: "Tiger E-Mail List (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Centerforce clutch question
From: Doug Babcock <thebabcocks@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 16:58:55 -0700
All my internal engine parts are at the machine shop awaiting balance now, but
I need to supply a pressure plate before they can do the job right.  From
everything I have heard Centerforce is the way to go.  Looking at the Tigers
United site archives (the search function is handy by the way), a 1997 e-mail
suggests the following part numbers

Pressure Plate (Centerforce I) CF360030, disk 280490, T/O bearing N1439

The Centerforce web site supports the same numbers for all 260, 289, and early
302, but I vaguely recall an e-mail thread a while ago where someone had clutch
release problems and the advice was something to the effect of "you should have
asked for a Tiger clutch, not a Mustang".

Your experiences please.  I would rather do it right the first time.  Also,
your experiences with the pros/cons of Centerforce I versus II?

Thanks

Doug Babcock