Charge Air Cooling Analyses...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Charge Air Cooling Analyses...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 01:00:31 -0700
I have been fiddling with some analyses regarding cooling charge air on
boosted motors. I took on a consultant (actually a new friend from the
fordnatics list, to help get me started in the right direction. He did that
and now it is finished. There are 4 methods examined: 1) is water injection
into the ductwork; 2) is methanol injection into the ducts; 3) is ai to air
intercooler; and 4) is ice water to air intercooler. I've done my best to
try and give you a tool. I also finished a short Excel spreadsheet to help
you with the math. It has an input section, a constants section (don't
fiddle with this one) and the output section. All very straight forward and
easy to use except for the right coasters who we all know cain't red no
write anyway. I am putting together a picture book for them (see Keith's
car. See Keith's car have detonation. See Keith's car explode.  Well, you
get the idea... It will feature purple driving suits and Diet Cokes in some
way or another...Nah, just having fun here...

Now, to get to the web site:

if you want to start from scratch 'cause you ain't every been here before...
http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/

if you want to jump to the analyses index page to see what else is there...
http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/analyses.htm

if you want to jump directly to the charge air analyses...
http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/chgair.htm/

if you want to use the spread sheet
http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/chgair.xls

if you want to save the spreadsheet to your computer, after it loads on your
screen just do a  "save as" and save it where you want to on your 'puter.

I am interested in feedback, spelling, technicalities, or just plain old
criticism, drop me a note, please!

Oh, my consultant's name is Phillip Guziec. Good man, listen to him when he
speaks or writes....

mayf