RE: Fuel Pressure

To: "'Steve Sage'" <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Subject: RE: Fuel Pressure
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 17:55:10 -0400
No sweat Steve,
I would look for anything that could restrict flow. Pressure is only one
variable and VOLUME is just as important. I would look to achieve 5-7 lbs
and ensure that pressure does not fall below 4 lbs at WOT for the duration
of a dyno run. Real word can sometimes react differently than what we 'see'
in our static tests ...like dynos. I would start with the easy stuff like a
pressure test with a long hose to your cockpit and determine whether that is
the problem or not. Then check the inline filter AND the sintered bronze one
at the carb inlet. If those are OK then upgrade the pump. I have to do this
with my car as well as it runs out of steam at top end as well.
If you need a co-pilot or a gauge let me know!

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager
Akzo Nobel Coatings
Off: (949) 305-5393
Fx: (425) 955-6268
Cell: (949) 289-3357
email: timothy.ronak@akzonobel.com
VM: (800) 234-6747 ext. 2257#

This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete
and destroy the original message and all copies. You should not copy,
forward and/or disclose this message, in whole or in part, without
permission of the sender.