Water pump

To: "Tigers" <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water pump
From: "Michael McBeth" <mmcbeth@peacock.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 09:29:46 -0600
Listers,

After bringing my Tiger out of hibernation this weekend I've discovered a
significant coolant leak. I hoped it was just a hose, but no such luck. It
is pretty hard to get any sight line on the location of the leak, but I'm
guessing it is the weep hole on the pump. So now I need a new water pump,
and some opinions on what to buy.

I have a (1970?) 302 that is built up (350hp), so a good pump is called for.
Obviously I need to keep the pulleys in line, and the snout out of the
radiator. Maybe the way to go is pull the old one and match something up,
but I hate taking my car apart without the pieces to put it back together.

Anybody have suggestions before I tackle this?

Michael