Tiger Tales correction

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tiger Tales correction
From: "Stephen Waybright" <gswaybright@txucom.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 18:11:36 -0500
If you received the April/May issue of Tiger tales, you may have noticed the
story I submitted about my car. I wanted to head off some "restoration
mis-information" that was mistakenly added by the editor before it misleads
anyone about the cost of a concours quality, professional restoration. I
don't know where the published $20k purchase and $15k restoration costs came
from, but it was not from me, and is way off for my car. I'd hate to see
someone start into a professional restoration thinking they could duplicate
my car for $35k. They would be very disappointed with the progress when they
ran out of money in the budget.

To set the record straight, I started with a $5k car in '88. I hesitate to
say what I spent in total in such a wide audience as this, but if you really
want to know I'll reply to individual inquiries. Just know that it is a
multiple of the $35k that was mistakenly listed in Tiger Tales this month.

In late breaking news... my car took first place at Houston's "Keels an
Wheels" Concours d'Elegance in the "misc British Sportscar" class. This
class is anything other than Triumph, MG, Austin Healey and modern Lotus.
See http://www.woodenkeels-classicwheels.com for details of the event,
including shots of the "Aerocar" flying car from the 50's that did a flyover
at the event.

Stephen Waybright
Houston, TX