uno & dos

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: uno & dos
From: "Chris Hill" <Pirouette@uisreno.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 03:27:58 -0700
uno:
    Gonna rebuild my front crossmember soon.  Tom did his usual wonders on
reinforcing and refurbishing, so all the welding and powdercoating is
finished.  But this was also done a good ten years or better ago and the
(probably) original fulcrum pins are installed in the older rubber bushes with
older style ball joints as well.  Inasmuch as I'll probably upgrade to more
state of the art stuff w/ John L.'s safety setup someday, 'done' parts
nonetheless work for my budget right now.  So the next question is springs.  I
have the originals and a set of (I think) CAT club springs from the same late
80's early 90's era, and might consider buying something else if it's leagues
better than either of these.  What's the thinking on this now -- soft springs
/ stiff shocks -- stiff springs / soft shocks -- cool Corona, salt, lime /
coin toss?  If the stiffer springs, should I still cut off one loop, as was
generally advised in print 10 yrs. ago? (I believe I have the matching club
rubbers that were the supposed culprit in the ride height issue, but probably
also the compressed originals available too).

dos:
    Tried valiantly to find the ref in previous posts to whoever was offering
gasket (or o-ring) sets for between the gauges and the dashboard but failed.
Could someone who knows please remind me offlist who that was?

               Thanks!!!!!!

                                       Chris Hill