Re: Help wanted with opening hood to engine bay

To: William van Zwanenberg <willvz@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Help wanted with opening hood to engine bay
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 09:22:48 -0700
William,

This is not a pretty position to be in.  Your cable release has run out
of travel before the hook has cleared the hood catch.  This can be
prevented, after repair, with the alignment technique and hood spring
center adjust, and guide pin holes for future installations, described
in TigersUnited.com.
(http://www.tigersunited.com/tech_threads/tt-body9.asp) "Subject: Bonnet
Release" (illustrated).

Right now, however, you need to get that hood open.  The only reliable
technique I have used requires the removal of the hood.  This can only
be done by accessing the hinge holding bolts through the grill opening
at the front of the car.  Once the front of the hood hinge plates are
loose, the hood can be removed and the replacement / alignment / and
guide holes for future issues are required.  From then on you will not
have this problem.

If you have trouble, let me know.

Steve

--