Re: Motor mounts

To: "sosnaenergyconsulting" <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: Motor mounts
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 18:54:51 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "sosnaenergyconsulting" <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
To: "ron fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Cc: <Veeseeoso@aol.com>; <tigers@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 2:10 PM

> Ron:
> Interesting site--that coilover rear suspension setup looked pretty wild!
>
> Having lately been fiddling with my motor mounts, it looks to me like
> the Total Control setup bolts in the same way to the block, but where we
> have a stud at right angles to the engine/ cast iron hanger the Total
> Control setup seems to attach to the frame with a bolt that parallels
> the frame, which wouldn't work for us.  Rats.  Guess the Hangers and
> motor mounts are both Sunbeam specific?

The Tiger uses the same motor mount (rubber part)as a 64.5 and early 65 Ford
Mustang.  Part way thru Ford switched to the mount with the bolt parallel to
the long axis of the car.  I would guess you could make your own mounting
bracket (piece between frame and rubber part) that uses the later design
motor mount.  Just need some 1/4 inch plate, the blue wrench and some time.

Erich

> Having seen pictures of Henry Vicioso's car tear a**ing around the
> track, I'm guessing that you've got a boatload of torque that you're
> trying to keep focussed into the drivetrain rather than going into
> flexing the motor mounts, right Henry?  :-)
>
> Sorry I don't have anything useful to offer you.
>

> Best regards to all.
>
> David Sosna
>
> ron fraser wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure why you want solid motor mounts?   If the stock mounts
> > are good there should be very little movement of the engine.   Stock
motor
> > mounts are readily available if you need them.
> >
> > If solid is what you want www.totalcontrolproducts.com has one that
> > may work for you, but you would still need to do some fabricating unless
> > Total Control makes a Tiger specific mount.   I'm sure there are others
out
> > there somewhere.
> >
> > Ron Fraser

On
> > Behalf Of Veeseeoso@aol.com
> > Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 3:00 PM
> > To: tigers@autox.team.net
> > Subject: Motor mounts
> >
> > Does anyone have a solution for (easily) making the right side
(passenger
> > side) motor mount solid. I have tried boxing it but the welding process
> > simply ignites the rubber.
> >
> > Is there an after-market or performance solid mount available for the
Tiger